Sunday, December 16, 2012

free!

Yesterday I attended the CD release concert for one of the most talented and gifted women of whom I have the pleasure of being acquainted.

As if I didn't know MarQuita Danzy was anointed already, I was blown away when in the middle of yesterday's event, it dawned on me, "This isn't at all a concert. This is worship!"

Never mind the fact her voice is amazing (I've already pre-booked her for my wedding by the way), MarQuita has the ability to minister to me on a deeply personal level every time I hear her preach, speak, or sing. Yesterday's experience was no different.

The album is greatness; I had no doubt that it would be. But I'm torn between two songs as my favorite. First there's "Surprise! I'm Still Alive" where she boldly taunts the devil saying, "Surprise! I'm STILL alive!" Lord knows I've had my share of run ins with the devil where he has tried to throw me off course and cause me to abort my relationship with God. A few times he had me down, but Surprise! I'm still here!

Then there's the title track "Free." I'm not a dancer by any means (in church or in the club), but this song makes me wanna cut a two step (for the Lord of course).

Check out MarQuita's album when you get a chance. It won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment